Smokey eye makeup ideas are currently one of the most popular and fashionable makeup looks. And traditional eyeshadow includes three different shades: dark, medium, and light. These different tones are mixed to create a perfect silhouette and dramatic appearance. Besides, this black style is ideal for parties or date nights. Traditionally, smoky makeup is beautiful night makeup. This eye makeup style is generally considered formal and elegant.
However, the smokey eye makeup look does not need to be limited to the night after the sun goes down. moreover, Classic smoky makeup has dark colors, including gray, black, and dark brown. Creativity helps a lot with smoky makeup. And there are many different variations of smoky makeup, making this style very suitable for all occasions, except for classic fancy nights. You shouldn’t think you can’t use smoky makeup just because it’s three o’clock in the afternoon. All you have to do is add a little creativity to the styling and make it suitable for any occasion.
How to create a classic smokey eye
- First, apply a mid-tone shade on the lid. Choose gray, brown, or heather to create a subtle smoky base.
- Draw eyeliner along the lash line, making sure you apply color between the lashes to make your eyes stand out immediately. For ease of use, you can choose a gel or slide-in formula. Just make sure to smoke it out with an eyeshadow brush before setting it because it won’t move all night once it’s fixed.
- Apply a darker shade, such as espresso, charcoal, or smoky, on the liner, and apply the shadow on half of the lid. Gently brush the roots of the lower eyelashes with a brush, and spread along the lower lash line. Then apply it with your fingers for better results.
- Finally, apply mascara, just like Bobbi Brown’s smoky eye mascara. Apply 3-4 layers to achieve perfect lashes.
- Finally, you can apply shiny eyeshadow with your fingers to make it look more luxurious. It can smooth the eyelids very well and blend through the creases of the eyes.